October 31

Now we wait…

My blood sample is on its way to the lab in Utah that will test to find out if I have the breast cancer gene mutation. This test is very critical.  Basically, if it is negative, my surgery will be minimal as we are currently planning.  If it is positive, my chances of “recurrence” in both breasts and ovaries is quite high and drastic surgery will be likely.  Based on my family history, I only have a 10% likelihood that I have the mutation so that is very promising. PRAYERS:  Pray for a quick turnaround (2 weeks or less) and pray for negative results!

My MRI will take place mid November.  The timing of the MRI needs to be timed around my cycle, so that is why there is a delay.   Ughh!

Based on the test results above we are tentatively planning on a surgery date near Nov. 24.  (Whatever that surgery may be…)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: